How to Make Barley And Raw Vegetable Salad Recipe?
Barley And Raw Vegetable Salad Recipe – This is a good nutritious food with a new combination of barley and raw vegetables. Barley is a very good source of vitamin B1, fiber, magnesium and many more benefits. It is very suitable itam for lunch and to lose the weight with delicious taste. For more spicy, simple and delicious recipes keep visiting Asan Khana Pakana.
Look for delicious Barley And Raw Vegetable Salad Recipe:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|15 Min||20 Min||1 – 3|
- 150g (2/3 Cup)Pearl Barley
- 2 Oranges (Peeled)
- 1 Cup Lemon (Juiced)
- 1 Tsp Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 250g Cauliflower Florets
- 1 Zucchini (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 2 Green Shallots (Thinly Sliced)
- 280 Grams Mixed Carrots, Peeled, Coarsely Grated
- 50 Grams (1/3 Cup) Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mint (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- 2 Tsp Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mint
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves
- Place barley in a pan and cover with cold water.
- Boil it on high flamet. After some time reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 30-35 minutes till it gets tender.
- Rinse in cold water and dry in a paper towel and place in a bowl.
- In a bowl mix the juices of orange, lemon, oil and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add chopped cauliflower and zucchini in juice mixture.
- To develop the flavor, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon rind, celery, orange segments, shallot, carrot, zucchini, cranberry mixture and 3/4 of the herbs to the barley.
- Lightly mix all the mixture in a blow and put some pine nuts.
- Finally, Top with Sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Drizzle with extra oil and sprinkle with extra herbs for garnishing.