How to Make Carrot / Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe ?
Carrot / Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe – Popularly known as gajar ka halwa makes its presence in most special occasions like festivals, celebrations and parties. It is one of the classic sweets that would not fail to impress anyone. There are a few different ways of making this – a traditional method using whole milk, a rich version using khoya and then a quick method using condensed milk. This Recipe takes 40 mins to make Gajar Ka Halwa – 10 mins prep time and 30 mins cooking time. This Tasty Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe can serve 3 – 4 persons and is great for lunch and dinner as well as a sweet dish. For more spicy, simple and delicious recipes keep visiting Asan Khana Pakana.
Here comes with Carrot / Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe, that you can cook and enjoy at home:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 Min||30 Min||4|
- ½ Kg Carrots / Gajar
- ½ Liter or 2 Cups Full Fat Milk
- ½ Heaped Cup Sugar ( ½ Cup + 2 Tbsp) (Prefer Organic)
- 3 to 4 Cardamom Pods Skinned and Powdered
- 2 Tbsps Ghee
- ¼ to ½ Cup Khoya/ Mawa (Optional)
- Handful of Mixed Nuts Pista, Cashew and Almonds
- Dry roast nuts on a low heat until crunchy. Set aside to cool and chop them.
- Bring milk to a boil in a heavy bottom pot or deep pan. Add grated carrots and begin to stir. Cook until the milk has completely evaporated.
- Add sugar and stir. Sugar would release lot of moisture. Cook until half the moisture evaporates. Add ghee and stir well. Continue to cook until the moisture evaporates and the halwa thickens. If you like you can add grated khoya at this moment. Stir and cook for just 2 to 3 mins.
- Garnish with nuts. Serve Warm or chilled.