How to Make Chicken Chilli Recipe & Gravy?
Chicken Chilli Recipe – Learn with ease how to make chilli chicken recipe gravy & dry restaurant style recipe. For those who do not know what this is. Chilli chicken is one of the most popular Indo-Chinese style chicken appetizer or starter that is served in Chinese restaurants across the globe. Vegetarian alternates are made with paneer, mushroom, potato and tofu. For more spicy, simple and delicious recipes keep visiting Asan Khana Pakana.
Let’s read about how to prepare this Special Chicken Chilli Recipe:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|2 Hrs||20 Mins||3|
- Oil for Deep Frying
- 250 Grams Boneless Chicken
- 1 ½ Tsp Chilli Sauce
- 1 ½ Tsp Soya Sauce
- ¼ Tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 to 3 Tbsps Corn Flour (1 Tbsp More Optional)
- 2 to 3 Tbsps Plain Flour / Maida (Optional use to get Restaurant Style)
- ¼ Tsp Red Chili Powder
- Salt Little
- 1 ½ Tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tsp Shilli Sauce (You can Substitute with Ketchup)
- ½ Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ Tsp Pepper Powder (Optional)
- ¾ to 1 Tsp Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Sugar
- 1 Medium Onion Thinly Sliced or Cubed
- 2 Tsps Garlic Chopped
- ¼ to ½ Cup Cubed Bell Pepper / Capsicum
- 1 to 2 Green Chilies Slit and Deseeded
- 1 Sprig of Spring Onion Chopped (Optional)
- 4 to 5 Leaves of Celery Chopped Finely (Optional)
- Spring Onions for Garnish
- Marinate chicken with chilli sauce, soya sauce & pepper powder. Set aside until you prepare the rest. At least for 45 minutes. 2 hours is best. Meanwhile you could chop your onions, bell pepper and make the sauce ready for seasoning.
- Sprinkle corn flour, plain flour (optional) on the meat along with salt and mix well. If you like to have yours coated with crunchy flour like we get in restaurants, then use 1 more tbsp corn flour and 2 tbsp. plain flour. Add chili powder. If you wish to use egg, you can add it now. Mix well.
- Prepare the sauce. Add soya sauce, chili sauce, red chili powder, vinegar and ½ tsp sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep or shallow fry till it is done. Keep stirring to fry evenly. Do not over fry, it tends to turn hard. It can also be grilled at 240 C for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven.
- When the it is cooked, drain on a kitchen tissue.
- Remove off excess oil from the pan, just keep 2 spoons oil in the pan. Add garlic fry for about a min, add onions, capsicum, spring onions, and celery and green chilies and fry till they turn slightly soft for about a minute or so.
- Pour the sauce that was prepared at step 3. Let the sauces bubble up well. To make chilli chicken gravy, follow step 9 from step by step pictures.
- Add the fried chicken, Mix well. If it looks dry, sprinkle little water. Saute on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve chilli chicken recipe hot as appetizer with fried rice or noodles.