Machchli / Fish Biryani Recipe
Fish is one of healthy meat that has so many benefits. Use fish in different forms. Instead to fried fish make delicious Fish Biryani. Perfect for warming winter dinner. Fish is probably my favorite protein and this Fish Biryani recipe is one of a kind. It is easy to make, extremely flavorful and even those who do normally enjoy fish will LOVE this meal and request second helpings. For more spicy, simple and delicious recipes keep visiting Asan Khana Pakana.
Let’s have a look what are the ingredients and directions to prepare Fish Biryani Recipe:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|15 mins||50 Mins||3 – 4|
- 1/2 Kg Fish Fillets, Cut into 1 1/2″ Cubes
- 2 Tsp Oil
- One Cup Grated Onions
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1-1/2 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1-1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Hung Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Green Chillies, Chopped Fine
- 1/2 Tsp Biryani Masala
- 1/3 Cup Browned Onions
For the Rice
- 2 Cup Rice, Cleaned and Washed
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Peppercorns
- 1/4 Cinnamon
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Hot Water
- 1/2 Cup Warm Milk, Saffron or Color Mixed
- Heat the oil in a dish.
- Put in the onions, cumin and ginger-garlic pastes.
- Cook uncovered at high heat for 4 minutes.
- Then add garam masala, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and yogurt.
- Cook the above preparation covered at 70% for 8-10 minutes, stir once.
- Mix in the fish and cook uncovered at high heat for 4 minutes.
- Stand for 1 minute following in the browned onions, coriander, green chillies and biryani masala.
- Make a mixture of oil, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon and cardamoms.
- Cook covered at high heat for 2 minutes then add rice, water and salt.
- Mix well and cook at high heat for 8 minutes and then at 70% for 8 minutes.
- Put the fish layer at the bottom of the dish and cover with the rice.
- Sprinkle it with the rice milk mixture.
- Give it a final cook at 70% for 5 minutes.
- Mix well to serve hot!