Machchli / Fish Biryani Recipe
Let’s have a look what are the ingredients and directions to prepare Fish Biryani Recipe:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|15 mins||50 Mins||3 – 4|
- 1/2 Kg Fish Fillets, Cut into 1 1/2″ Cubes
- 2 Tsp Oil
- One Cup Grated Onions
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1-1/2 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1-1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Hung Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Green Chillies, Chopped Fine
- 1/2 Tsp Biryani Masala
- 1/3 Cup Browned Onions
For the Rice
- 2 Cup Rice, Cleaned and Washed
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Peppercorns
- 1/4 Cinnamon
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Hot Water
- 1/2 Cup Warm Milk, Saffron or Color Mixed
- Heat the oil in a dish.
- Put in the onions, cumin and ginger-garlic pastes.
- Cook uncovered at high heat for 4 minutes.
- Then add garam masala, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and yogurt.
- Cook the above preparation covered at 70% for 8-10 minutes, stir once.
- Mix in the fish and cook uncovered at high heat for 4 minutes.
- Stand for 1 minute following in the browned onions, coriander, green chillies and biryani masala.
- Make a mixture of oil, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon and cardamoms.
- Cook covered at high heat for 2 minutes then add rice, water and salt.
- Mix well and cook at high heat for 8 minutes and then at 70% for 8 minutes.
- Put the fish layer at the bottom of the dish and cover with the rice.
- Sprinkle it with the rice milk mixture.
- Give it a final cook at 70% for 5 minutes.
- Mix well to serve hot!