How to Make Punjabi Egg Curry Recipe?
Punjabi Egg Curry Recipe – Made in dhaba style, it is exceptionally good when you are not in a mood to cook something elaborate but wish to make quick delicious food. It can be served with roti, plain paratha or flavored rice like jeera rice, biryani rice, pulao, coconut rice, coconut milk rice or any biryani varieties. This Recipe takes only 40 mins to make Punjabi Egg Curry – 10 mins prep time and 30 mins cooking time. This Punjabi Egg Curry serves 5 persons and is great for both Dinner and lunch. For more spicy, simple and delicious recipes keep visiting Asan Khana Pakana.
Here is the easy way to prepare Punjabi Egg Curry Recipe which is explained in a step by step process.:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 Min||30 Min||5|
- 4 to 5 Boiled Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Cubed Onions
- 1 Cup Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Small Bay Leaf
- 1 Small Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 to 1 ½ Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 to 1 ½ Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- Salt as Needed
- 1 to 1 ¼ Cup Water
- ¼ Tsp Kasuri Methi (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Leaves Chopped Finely
- Puree onions and tomatoes separately. Set them aside.
- Boil the eggs, remove the shells and prick them with fork randomly.
- Saute eggs in oil until golden. Set aside.
- In the same pan, saute cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamoms and cloves.
- Saute the onion paste until golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add tomato puree and saute until the sauce thickens.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala and salt. Fry all until nice aroma comes out. By now the raw smell should have gone away.
- Add water as needed to make a gravy. Cook until the gravy thickens and oil begins to separate. Check the salt and adjust if needed.
- Add the boiled eggs, kasuri methi if using and cook covered for 2 to 3 mins.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.