How to make Russian Salad Recipe?
Russian Salad Recipe, otherwise known as Olivier Salad is a salad dish from the Russian cuisine. Over the years, it has become popular in many other countries and the preparation varies from place to place. It is very suitable in lunch as healthy item. This is how I like my Russian Salad Recipe. For more spicy, simple and delicious recipes keep visiting Asan Khana Pakana.
Let’s have a look what are the ingredients and directions to prepare Russian Salad Recipe:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|30 mins||10 Mins||3 – 4|
- 3 Medium Potatoes Boiled and Cubed
- 2 Medium Carrots Boiled and Cubed
- 1/2 Cup Peas Boiled
- 1 Spring Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs Cubed
- 1 Chicken Breast Boiled and Cubed
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt (or to Taste)
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Pickled (gherkins) or Fresh Cucumbers Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Milk (to Slightly Thin out the Mayo-Yogurt Mixture)
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Dill or Coriander
- Make sure the potatoes, carrots, eggs and chicken breast are chopped up about the same size.
- Add the boiled peas, chopped cucumbers and chopped spring onions.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt and milk.
- Whisk with a fork to combine them to a smooth consistency.
- Add the sugar, salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix well, then pour this liquid mixture into the bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Stir gently to make sure everything is well coated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh dill or coriander and stir.
- Refrigerate to chill for a few hours before serving.