How to Make Chana Dal Pulao Recipe?
Chana Dal Pulao Recipe – Chana dal is one of the most protein rich lentil used in Indian cuisine. It is made by removing the outer skin of the black chana or the kala chana. It is used in various preparations like chana dal masala vada, chana dal fry, chana dal kheer, kootu and even to make besan / gram flour. This can also be used in chutney recipes to add a good texture and even to vegetable stir fry recipes. This Recipe takes only 40 mins to make Chana Dal Pulao – 20 mins prep time and 20 mins cooking time. This Tasty Chana Dal Pulao serves 2 persons and is great for both lunch and dinner. For more spicy, simple and delicious recipes keep visiting Asan Khana Pakana.
See the preparation process of Tasty Chana Dal Pulao Recipe:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|20 Min||20 Min||2|
- 1 Cup Rice
- ½ Cup Chana Dal
- 2 ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Large Carrot (¾ Cup)
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 1 Green Chili Slit
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Handful of Mint
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ Tsp Cumin
- Half Star Anise
- 1 Strand Mace (Optional)
- 1 Inch cCnnamon Stick
- 1.5 Tbsp Oil
- Salt as Needed
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Few Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Wash and soak chana dal for 4 to 6 hours and rice for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry spices until they begin to crackle.
- Add onions and fry until lightly done then add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add veggies and mint, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add soaked and drained rice and dal. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water salt and cook until the rice is done. Towards the end, when the water is almost absorbed, cover and simmer on a low flame. If using pressure cooker, cover and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- When the pressure is down, sprinkle lemon juice and coriander leaves.