How to Make Tasty Tomato Biryani Recipe?
Tomato Biryani Recipe – Simple one pot biryani recipe made with tomatoes. This quick dish can be made easily on a busy day for dinner and it also goes well in the lunch box. I have used some carrot, peas and beans which is totally optional. I have used it here just to add some nutrition. You can also replace the veggies with some soya chunks. It takes only 40 mins to make this Tomato Biryani – 10 mins prep time and 30 mins cooking time. This tomato biryani serves 3 – 4 persons and is great for lunch and dinner. It is best served with a simple raita. For more spicy, simple and delicious recipes keep visiting Asan Khana Pakana.
Here comes with Tomato Biryani Recipe, that you can cook and enjoy at home:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 Min||30 Min||3 – 4|
- 2 Cups Rice (Basmati)
- 1 Onion Thinly Sliced
- 2 Cups Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Peas
- 1 Cup Carrots (optional)
- ¾ Cup Beans(optional)
- ¾ Tsp Biryani Masala
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Cup Mint
- ¼ Cup Coriander
- 2 Tbsps Oil
- 1¼ Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ Tsp Fennel Powder (Optional)
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 Inch Cinnamon Sticks 2 Nos
- ¾ Tsp Black Cumin
- 1 Strand of Mace
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 6 Cloves
- Wash and soak rice in ample water for about 30 mins. While the rice soaks, puree the tomatoes and chop the veggies.
- Clean and chop mint and coriander leaves.
- Drain the rice after 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot or cooker. Fry the spices for a minute.
- Fry the onions until golden. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Time to add in chili powder, biryani masala powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Add in the veggies and cook for another 3 mins or until the puree thickens.
- Add drained rice and saute for 2 to 3 mins. Pour water and add salt.
- Bring it to a boil on high flame. When the water comes to a boil, lower the flame to medium and cook until the water evaporates completely. Cover and simmer the stove. Cook for 5 mins.
- If making in pressure cooker, then cover it immediately when the water comes to a boil. Cook for 1 whistle on a medium high flame.
- When the pressure goes down open the lid and fluff up the rice.
- Serve tomato biryani with raita.