How to Make Tawa Pizza Recipe Without Yeast?
Tawa Pizza Recipe Without Yeast – Making a pizza without oven, on a tawa or pan is quick and simple. Though it can be made with yeast dough, tawa pizza turns out best when made with dough that has no yeast in it. The flavor of yeast dough baked in a oven is good rather than the one cooked on stove top preparations.
This no yeast tawa pizza recipe may be useful to those who do not have a oven or do not prefer to eat foods made with yeast either because they are sensitive to yeast or allergic or want to just avoid yeast to prevent health conditions.For more spicy, simple and delicious recipes keep visiting Asan Khana Pakana.
Let’s have a look what are the ingredients and directions to prepare Tawa Pizza Recipe Without Yeast:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|60 mins||15 Mins||2 – 3|
- 1 ¼ Cup Flour (Whole Wheat Pastry Flour , ¾ Sup Whole Wheat Flour + ½ Cup Plain Flour (Maida))
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 ½ to 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp Sugar
- ⅓ + 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 ½ to 2 Tbsp Curd / Yogurt
- ½ Cup Cubed Capsicum about ¾ Inch
- ¼ Cup Cubed Onions
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Olives (Optional)
- Mixed Herbs (Optional)
- ¼ Tsp Red Chili Flakes (Optional)
For Pizza Sauce
- 300 Grams Tomatoes, 3 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- ½ Small Onion about 3 Tbps
- 1 ½ Tbsps Chopped Garlic
- 1 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ to ¾ Tsp Red Chili Flakes
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Pepper
- Salt as Needed
- ½ to ¾ Tsp Sugar
- ½ Tsp Mixed Herbs or Oregano
Making Pizza Dough without Yeast
- Add flour, salt, sugar and soda to a mixing bowl. Mix everything well.
- Add water, oil and curd.
- Mix and make a soft dough. Knead for about 5 to 6 minutes until the dough turns very soft but not sticky.
- Cover and set this aside for about an hour.
Making Pizza Sauce
- Meanwhile make the pizza sauce. Heat oil and saute garlic until aromatic. Add tomatoes
- Divide the dough to 2 to 3 parts. You will get about 3 – 6 inches thin crust pizzas or 2 medium thick pizzas.
- Dust the rolling board lightly and roll the dough to any of the above mentioned sizes. Roll it slightly thicker than a chapati.
- Heat the tawa. When it turns hot, transfer it to the tawa. Cook on a low heat pressing well with a spatula to cook well and puff.
- When you see it has cooked well, flip it and continue to keep the flame low.
- Add few drops of oil and spread well.
- Now add the sauce and the veggies and spread it.
- Add cheese and herbs.
- Cover and cook until the cheese begins to melt.
- Cut pizza and serve hot.