How to Make Tawa Pizza Recipe Without Yeast?
Let’s have a look what are the ingredients and directions to prepare Tawa Pizza Recipe Without Yeast:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|60 mins||15 Mins||2 – 3|
- 1 ¼ Cup Flour (Whole Wheat Pastry Flour , ¾ Sup Whole Wheat Flour + ½ Cup Plain Flour (Maida))
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 ½ to 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp Sugar
- ⅓ + 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 ½ to 2 Tbsp Curd / Yogurt
- ½ Cup Cubed Capsicum about ¾ Inch
- ¼ Cup Cubed Onions
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Olives (Optional)
- Mixed Herbs (Optional)
- ¼ Tsp Red Chili Flakes (Optional)
For Pizza Sauce
- 300 Grams Tomatoes, 3 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- ½ Small Onion about 3 Tbps
- 1 ½ Tbsps Chopped Garlic
- 1 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ to ¾ Tsp Red Chili Flakes
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Pepper
- Salt as Needed
- ½ to ¾ Tsp Sugar
- ½ Tsp Mixed Herbs or Oregano
- Add flour, salt, sugar and soda to a mixing bowl. Mix everything well.
- Add water, oil and curd.
- Mix and make a soft dough. Knead for about 5 to 6 minutes until the dough turns very soft but not sticky.
- Cover and set this aside for about an hour.
- Meanwhile make the pizza sauce. Heat oil and saute garlic until aromatic. Add tomatoes
- Divide the dough to 2 to 3 parts. You will get about 3 – 6 inches thin crust pizzas or 2 medium thick pizzas.
- Dust the rolling board lightly and roll the dough to any of the above mentioned sizes. Roll it slightly thicker than a chapati.
- Heat the tawa. When it turns hot, transfer it to the tawa. Cook on a low heat pressing well with a spatula to cook well and puff.
- When you see it has cooked well, flip it and continue to keep the flame low.
- Add few drops of oil and spread well.
- Now add the sauce and the veggies and spread it.
- Add cheese and herbs.
- Cover and cook until the cheese begins to melt.
- Cut pizza and serve hot.