How to Make White Sauce Pasta Recipe?
Let’s have a look what are the ingredients and directions to prepare White Sauce Pasta Recipe:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|5 mins||15 Mins||1 – 2|
- ¾ Cup Pasta
- 1 ¼ Cup Full Fat Milk
- ¾ Tbsp Flour (Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
- 1 Cup Chopped Veggies (Carrots, Bell Peppers, Sweet Corn & Peas)
- 2 Tbsp Cheese (Skip if You do not Prefer)
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- ¼ Tsp Oregano
- Salt as Needed
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot along with salt.
- When the water begins to boil rapidly then add pasta and cook al dente. Drain off completely reserving 2 to 4 tbsp of water.
- Add half of the butter to a pan and saute vegetables until al dente. Set these aside.
- Set the flame to low. Add rest of the butter to the pan and add flour. Saute it in butter until the raw smell goes off. The flour may turn slightly lumpy, just break up the lumps and continue to saute until it no more smells raw. Make sure the color of the flour doesn’t change.
- Add ¼ cup of milk to this and stir well continuously breaking up the lumps.
- When you see the flour is well blended with milk, add rest of the milk and mix.
- Cook this until the sauce turns slightly thick.
- Add cheese if using and gently stir until the mixture reaches a thick sauce consistency. Add oregano and pepper.
- Add more salt if needed along with veggies & cooked pasta. Mix well to coat the pasta with the creamy sauce. If the sauce is too thick then, you may add 1 to 2 tbsps of reserved hot pasta cooked water.
- Sprinkle red chili flakes.
- Serve pasta in white sauce immediately.